SunState FCU Coronavirus updatesDuring this Coronavirus event, this page, via the tabs below, will be updated promptly and will contain the most current status of our operations (branch availability, etc.) at all times. We strongly encourage you to make sure you have the SunState mobile app available on your phone and know your eBanking passwords. You are also encouraged at this time to make sure the credit union has your correct email and other contact information. Please familiarize yourself with the tabs below as that is where you will find updated information.
Message from the President/CEO
How to set up mobile banking for the first time
Go to your store (Apple Store, Google Play) and download the SunState FCU mobile app
You will need the following information:
- Account number
- Last name of primary account holder
- Birth date of primary account holder (must use this format: 00/00/0000)
- Email address of primary account holder
- Phone number of primary account holder
If you need assistance please call 352-381-5200 during business hours.
BRANCH AVAILABILITY as of May 11, 2020
The following adjustments to our office availability have been implemented:
SunState Federal Credit Union branch lobbies and drive through lanes are now open regular hours.
- Alachua, 14520 NW US Highway 441 –3 members allowed in lobby.
- Chiefland,1003 NW 22nd Court – 3 members allowed in lobby.
- Gainesville Downtown,405 SE 2nd Place – 4 members allowed in lobby.
- Gainesville 43rdStreet, 2516 NW 43rd Street – 4 members allowed in lobby.
- Gainesville Archer Road, 6305 SW Archer Road– 4 members allowed in lobby.
- Hawthorne, 6005 SE US Highway 301, Unit 101 – 2 members allowed in lobby.
- Jonesville, 14133 W Newberry Road– 3 members allowed in lobby.
- Lake City,1605 W US Hwy 90 – 3 members allowed in lobby.
- Both VAMC offices of SunState FCU are still closed until further notice.
With the exception of the ATMs at our VA Medical Center locations*, all SunState ATMs are operational and available for both deposits and withdrawals.
- *ATM’s at the VA Medical Center locations remain operational and available for cash withdrawals only.
Our phone/digital response center hours have been expanded to:
- Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Consumer Loan Help:
Loan assistance - We are prepared to work with you in regards to your SunState FCU loan payments.
- If you have any SunState FCU loan(s) and/or credit card(s) and would like to discuss a potential loan deferment, please get in touch with our Contact Center at (352) 381-5200 to speak with a SunState Member Service Representative.
Government Relief for Small Businesses
SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), CARES ACT
SunState Federal Credit Union is committed to serving our member businesses through the SBA 7(a) loan program, also known as the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). This program is meant to directly help small businesses keep their work force paid. Although SunState is not a provider of the SBA 7(a) loan program, we have arranged for an SBA 7(a) lending specialist to help our membership; please click on this link to access the specialist and apply for your loan: https://www.lendio.com/ppp/sunstate-federal-credit-union
*SunState will be unable to assist in the processing of the Paycheck Protection Program application with the third party lending specialist. For assistance with completing the application, or for periodic status updates on your PPP application, please contact lendio at (855) 853-6346.
Below is the government link for information on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
At this time, the funds have run out for the program, but you may still apply. That way your application will be ready to be sent to the SBA if the federal government approves more funding for the Payment Protection Program.
Additional information on government programs:
News and Resources
We are currently working with the MARC radio group and MainstreetDailyNews.com to provide a clearing house of reliable, local information related to the unfolding COVID 19 event. SunState members are encouraged to visit MainstreetDailyNews.com for current event updates.
- You will find a link to send in your business availability here or on any of these websites:
- Magic 101.3
- 100.5 The Buzz
- I Am Country 106.9
- Classic Hits 100.9
We have been alerted to a phishing scam targeting our members. Members have received text messages claiming to be from Visa and provide one or two numbers to call. When the number is called, you are instructed to input card number, pin, CVV, zip code, verify your phone number, and state your name. Please do not respond to these text messages. If you have provided this information to a caller and have questions please contact SunState FCU at 1-877-SUNSTATE or 352-381-5200.
From Alachua County Sheriff's Office:
The Security Team has been alerted by state and federal authorities of malware being spread by posing as a COVID-19 update. A malicious website pretending to be the live map for Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins University is circulating on the internet waiting for unwitting internet users to visit the website. Visiting the website infects the user with the AZORult trojan, an information stealing program which can exfiltrate a variety of sensitive data. It is likely being spread via infected email attachments, malicious online advertisements, and social engineering. Furthermore, anyone searching the internet for a Coronavirus map could unwittingly navigate to this malicious website.
What you need to know: Please be extra cautious when clicking on links or attachments, even from emails that appear to be from internal or authoritative sources. A particular bad link associated with this attack goes to corona-virus-map[dot]com.