SunState FCU Coronavirus updatesDuring this Coronavirus event, this page, via the tabs below, will be updated promptly and will contain the most current status of our operations (branch availability, etc.) at all times. We strongly encourage you to make sure you have the SunState mobile app available on your phone and know your eBanking passwords. You are also encouraged at this time to make sure the credit union has your correct email and other contact information. Please familiarize yourself with the tabs below as that is where you will find updated information.
Message from the President/CEO
How to set up mobile banking for the first time
Go to your store (Apple Store, Google Play) and download the SunState FCU mobile app
You will need the following information:
- Account number
- Last name of primary account holder
- Birth date of primary account holder (must use this format: 00/00/0000)
- Email address of primary account holder
- Phone number of primary account holder
If you need assistance please call 352-381-5200 during business hours.
BRANCH AVAILABILITY as of July 20
Both VAMC offices of SunState FCU are closed until further notice.
- All other SunState Federal Credit Union branch lobbies and drive through lanes are open regular hours.
With the exception of the ATMs at our VA Medical Center locations*, all SunState ATMs are operational and available for both deposits and withdrawals.
- *ATM’s at the VA Medical Center locations remain operational and available for cash withdrawals only.
Our phone/digital response center hours have been expanded to:
- Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Consumer Loan Help:
Loan assistance - We are prepared to work with you in regards to your SunState FCU loan payments.
- If you have any SunState FCU loan(s) and/or credit card(s) and would like to discuss a potential loan deferment, please get in touch with our Contact Center at (352) 381-5200 to speak with a SunState Member Service Representative.
News and Resources
We are currently working with the MARC radio group and MainstreetDailyNews.com to provide a clearing house of reliable, local information related to the unfolding COVID 19 event. SunState members are encouraged to visit MainstreetDailyNews.com for current event updates.
- You will find a link to send in your business availability here or on any of these websites:
- Magic 101.3
- 100.5 The Buzz
- I Am Country 106.9
- Classic Hits 100.9
We have been alerted to a phishing scam targeting our members. Members have received text messages claiming to be from Visa and provide one or two numbers to call. When the number is called, you are instructed to input card number, pin, CVV, zip code, verify your phone number, and state your name. Please do not respond to these text messages. If you have provided this information to a caller and have questions please contact SunState FCU at 1-877-SUNSTATE or 352-381-5200.
From Alachua County Sheriff's Office:
The Security Team has been alerted by state and federal authorities of malware being spread by posing as a COVID-19 update. A malicious website pretending to be the live map for Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins University is circulating on the internet waiting for unwitting internet users to visit the website. Visiting the website infects the user with the AZORult trojan, an information stealing program which can exfiltrate a variety of sensitive data. It is likely being spread via infected email attachments, malicious online advertisements, and social engineering. Furthermore, anyone searching the internet for a Coronavirus map could unwittingly navigate to this malicious website.
What you need to know: Please be extra cautious when clicking on links or attachments, even from emails that appear to be from internal or authoritative sources. A particular bad link associated with this attack goes to corona-virus-map[dot]com.