When you join SunState Federal Credit Union, you begin by opening a regular share (savings) account, which is our basic membership account.
Once you open this savings account, you remain a member for life, as long as you keep the account active and maintain the required minimum balance (currently $5). After opening your basic membership account, you have access to a broad range of services, including share draft (checking) accounts, IRAs, electronic and automated services. You will enjoy 24-hour access to your accounts, and as qualified, Visa cards and other loans.
Other features of your regular share account include:
- Immediate credit of deposits.
- Direct deposit and payroll deduction.
- Automatic transfers from share accounts to other accounts at no charge.
- Money$Line and eBanking access.
- Consolidated statements provided at least quarterly.
- Funds insured to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the federal government.
In addition to your regular share (savings) account, you may have multiple special savings accounts to help you manage your money the way you want. These accounts are free and may be given any name that means something to you, such as "vacation" account, "new car" account, "tuition" account, etc.
Certificates are an ideal savings plan for members who have money and like their investments insured by the federal government. SunState certificates pay higher dividends than regular share (savings) accounts.
Certificates at SunState are available for terms of 6 to 60 months and can be for any amount over the stated minimum.
For certificates representing deposits in excess of $5,000, dividends can also be mailed to the member in the form of a check. Rates are updated on Thursdays and for your convenience are available at credit union branches and at this site. You may borrow against your share certificate at a very competitive rate and you can cancel your certificate at any time, but there is a substantial penalty for early withdrawal. If you have money to save, find out about certificates from SunState, and make an investment in your future.
Funds in certificates are insured to $250,000, by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the federal government.
It's never too early to plan for your future with a SunState FCU Individual Retirement Account (IRA). Traditional IRAs still offer many taxpayers one of the best "shelters" for deferring taxes on some income. In addition, IRAs are an excellent savings tool for setting aside funds for your retirement years. IRAs give you the advantage of compounding: regularly adding earnings to your investment to make it grow.
- SunState FCU offers competitive market rates on traditional and Roth IRAs. With a traditional IRA, taxes on earnings are deferred until funds are withdrawn, and you may even be able to deduct up to $5,000 per year from your gross annual earnings to save on your current income tax. Also, any member aged 50 or older may make an additional $1,000 "catch-up" contribution. Roth IRAs are funded with after-tax money, and provide tax-free earnings. Consult your tax advisor to see if these accounts would be beneficial for you.
- Traditional and Roth IRA funds may also be placed in any share certificate for a higher rate of return.
- Make regular automatic payments to an IRA through payroll deduction for even more convenient savings. You may also benefit by making a direct transfer from an existing IRA or qualified pension plan.
- IRAs are insured to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). With the recent government-approved increase in deposit insurance, the federal government now insures your regular deposits and IRA deposits in SunState Federal Credit Union up to $250,000.
Start saving for your retirement today! Ask a member service representative about a SunState FCU individual retirement account.
Welcome to the Next Step
Retirement Central gives you practical ideas you can apply today to help you achieve financial security in retirement
Future Endeavors Account
The Future Endeavors Account is designed to help members save for a child's future.
- A parent, grandparent, or other adult can enroll a child in the Future Endeavors program.
- Initial deposit is just $5.00.
- The dividend rate is higher than our regular share rate.
- You can arrange for automatic transfers from another account for systematic savings.
To help Future Endeavors Account owners learn about the power of financial planning, we encourage them to come in and speak with a member service representative. By taking advantage of this opportunity, parents and grandparents can ensure their children have the chance to receive the education all children need; but few receive. Start saving for your children's future by signing them up for a Future Endeavors Account. The dividend rate is favorable and the education is unsurpassed.
Money Market Account
A SunState Federal Credit Union Money Market Account gives your savings a boost with superior yields.
- Low Minimum Balance - Tiers start at $10,000. Earn more for higher balances.
- High Money Market Yields - You'll earn high money market yields on balances of $100,000 and above.
- Easy Access - You can access your funds by ATM, Money$Line or eBanking for around-the-clock convenience. Plus, with six withdrawals allowed per month, you can rest easy knowing that your funds are available when you need them.
- Government-Backed Insurance - Your account is federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the federal government.
ClickSWITCH is an online portal you can use to efficiently switch recurring payments and direct deposits from your old institution to a new or existing SunState FCU account. It’s automated, faster, and easier than ever before.
To start the process and get your ClickSWITCH code, just call 877 SunState (786-7828). Once you receive your code, you will simply log into the ClickSWITCH portal below to begin switching your existing direct deposits and automatic payments. Account information is transferred instantly, paving the way for a smooth and speedy transition to your new account.