SunState Community Foundation, Inc.
The SunState Community Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that serves the communities in and around North Central Florida by promoting and facilitating philanthropy. The Foundation was established to promote and provide charitable assistance that contributes towards the development, education and well-being of the communities, areas and members served by SunState Federal Credit Union.
Charity of the Month Contest
We feel the best way to find and recognize local charities is by asking you! If you know of a charitable organization making your community a better place, nominate them to win our Charity of the Month Contest on Facebook. To enter your charity go to facebook.com/SunStateFCU and click on the Charity of the Month tab
- The charity with the most votes will receive a $1,000 donation and be profiled in Our Town Magazine. Any given charity can win in this category only once per calendar year.
- The person who nominated the winning charity will receive $300.
- One random voter will receive $100.
- $500 will be given to the charity of a randomly selected vote. Even if your charity isn’t in the running for the $1,000 donation, keep encouraging your supporters to vote - the more votes your charity gets each month, the better your chance of receiving that month’s $500 donation. If a charity wins the $1,000 donation in a given month, they are not eligible to win the $500 random drawing in the same month.
Entering is easy:
- Upload an image representing the charity (their logo or a picture).
- Write a brief description of how they make this community a better place.
- Share with your friends and colleagues - ask them to vote for the charity on SunState’s Facebook page.
- Everyone can vote once a day for the charity of their choice.
- All charities must have a physical presence in SunState’s Service Area (Alachua, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, or Levy Counties in the State of Florida.)
Winning charities and the individuals who nominated them will not be eligible to win the $1,000 again for a 12 month period. Charities can enter to try and win the $500 random prize even if they have previously won the $1,000 prize during a given calendar year. Each month, vote balances return to zero for the upcoming month’s contest. All charities must provide relevant 501(c)(3) paper work, or be directly affiliated with a local public school. All prizes must be picked up within 30 days of being announced, or they will not be awarded. All prizes must be picked up in person at a SunState FCU branch by an official representative of the winning charity.
To sponsor the charity of the month contest please email Marketing@sunstatefcu.org